THANK YOU for visiting my website!
On these pages, you can read about upcoming campaign events and about issues related to management of the Forest Preserve. LIKE me on Facebook at: Re-Elect Commissioner Shannon Burns for daily updates!
These people and organizations believe I should be re-elected. I hope you do too!
- Daily Herald (2012 ad 2014)
- Sierra Club (2012 and 2014)
- Chicago Tribune (2012. The Tribune did not endorse in my race for 2014)
- Mayor Dave Brummel (Warrenville)
- Village President Erik Spande (Winfield)
- Former Republican Forest Preserve Commissioner Roger Kotecki (2012 and 2014)
- Jesse White (Illinois State Secretary)
- UMMA Community Organization
- United Hellenic Voters of America (UHVA)
Additional endorsement interviews are still being conducted. Check back soon for an updated list.
Now online! Download a copy of my 2014 Annual Report.
Call or email me if you would like a print copy. I’d be glad to send one to you!
It has been a privilege to serve as the District 6 steward of our land! I ask for YOUR vote in the upcoming election so that I can continue the work I started during my first term.
Please contact me if you’d like to talk about our Forest Preserves. I’d love to hear from you!
ABOUT THE DISTRICT
Over 51% of Forest Preserve land in DuPage County is in District 6! The DuPage County Forest Preserve District was one of the first five in the United States and, in 2015, the District will celebrate its first 100 years! Owning over 12% of DuPage County, the District manages over 26,000 acres. This land is DuPage County’s most valuable asset! Open space increases property value, reduces flooding, provides habitat for wildlife and native plants, and helps maintain individual physical and emotional health. Managing valuable resource requires a focus on the future with a balanced approach to land management, fiscal stewardship and public involvement.